Difference between revisions of "Using Metadata"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 22:05, 24 October 2014
Taxonomies & Controlled Vocabularies
- Omeka is a specialized web-based database that employs metadata to organize a collection.
- See the Omeka website for information about the application and codexes it uses.
- In particular, this page explains how Dublin Core is used by Omeka users.
Predefined Item Types
- Omeka has 16 item types already defined. See Omeka Item Types for their names and definitions.
- The item type list in Omeka can be edited to include, for example, ISM's specialized vocabulary, making it easy to implement new terms.
ISM's Omeka Installation
- At this time, the application is installed, but is empty pending definition of ISM's metadata vocabulary.
- See ISM's Omeka page to access the collection. (empty)
Administering ISM's Omeka installation
- If you are a member of the ISM Metadata group and wish to add records to the database, login here.