From ISM Wiki
Introduction to Virtual Reality
- Virtual Reality (VR) is a natural adjunct to Virtual Worlds (VW), although it is a step beyond. VR allows the user to see a presentation on a display in 3D instead of a simple, flat 2 dimensions. Before VR headsets became available, VWs existed in 3 dimensions, but could only be viewed in 2D.
How VR Works
Why VR is Important for VWs
Viewers for VR
- To use sites or apps that display VR, it is necessary to have a headset or 3D glasses.
- Hypergrid Business, an online newsletter by Maria Korolov, frequently publishes reviews of VR devices along with business developments in the field.
Current Events in VR Business & Research
- an article from re/code by Mark Bergen
- an article on the Sketchfab blog, by Alban, cofounder & CEO of Sketchfab