Revision as of 19:04, 4 November 2015 by Opal Lei (Created page with "== Protocol: Speaker Events == ; Description : How to plan and organize speaker events. ; Rationale : To provide a checklist of things to do to invite speakers to an event. ...")
Protocol: Speaker Events
- How to plan and organize speaker events.
- To provide a checklist of things to do to invite speakers to an event.
- Event organizers
- Find a speaker!
- Ask contacts outside SL.
- Check related groups inside SL.
- Check pertinent events inside SL.
- Get approval from the Planning Committee. (Is this required?)
- Decide on potential dates/events.
- Invite the speaker.
- Confirm dates.
- Give them an overview of what to expect and what is expected from them. (Maybe we need a standard email or a wiki page for this.)
- Create an avatar for the speaker. (Is this required? Should we have a set of generic "ISM*" alts whose display name we change as required?)
- Event Planning