Using Google Cardboard in VWs

This is a board for discussing applications relevant to our mission, which is to provide fun, educational content relating to space exploration and the universe.
Kat
Site Admin

Using Google Cardboard in VWs

Post by Kat » 16 Nov 2016 22:14

As you probably know, Google Cardboard is an inexpensive Virtual Reality viewing device. I got one just before our recent trip, and have been having some fun playing with it. I'm not sure how we can do it, but it seems to me that there ought to be a way to use this technology either in the museum, or to promote it, preferably both. Because the Cardboard app runs on a smartphone (iOS or Android), there might be a way to convert panoramic images created in world, save them on the phone, and view them in 3D on the Cardboard device. But I could be missing something.There may be more to it than simple panoramic images.

Please reply to this posting to comment if you have information or ideas, or know someone who might help us figure this out. And by all means, if you have a compatible phone and a spare $15, get one! You won't regret it.
Kat Lemieux
a.k.a. Kat Prawl IRL
President, ISMusuem